[Calendar] Create a single course calendar entry across multiple classes

When you have an event that applies to multiple classes it would be Great to enter the event once and have it post to multiple course calendars.

What I would like is a way to enter the same assignment for multiple

classes, without having to type it in 3 or 4 different times.  For example:

We use the ALEKS Math program. I want to enter an 'ALEKS' work day for all

my classes, without having to retype it.

Added to Theme

90 Comments
djordan325
Community Novice

So what's a lifetime of learning for

jmurdock
Community Member

Check into Cross Listing those classes.

Sent from my iPhone

lglen
Community Explorer

...and here I am two years later, still looking for a way to do this. I want to add a single event to all of my classes, like "Last day to drop" or "No classes - Memorial Day".

FIVE YEARS after this "idea" (for which read "essential feature that just gets ignored") was floated, we still can't do this!

michstevens16
Community Novice

I used Google Calendar and embedded it, it works well. You need to create a separate Calendar specific to your courses (1 calendar for each course - not class), and include (embed) it on the HOME page for all Canvas courses.  This allows for updating one calendar. I include assignment/test due dates, events, holidays etc.  I hope this helps.

lglen
Community Explorer

I saw your initial post on that idea Michelle - it looks daunting!

If I get a chance I'll give it a try. Right now I'm just trying to make things work at a minimal level. I appreciate your reaching out...

joe_tillman
Community Member

It would be a nice feature for adding office hours which will be the same times everyday for all professors. 

And it will reduce the amount of clutter on my calendar too. 

mclark-Library
Community Novice

This would be a wonderful feature for a Specials teacher that teaches classes on a specific "Day" schedule that is shared across the school. Now I have to make 7 separate calendars.

dwparry
Community Member

This is a good idea.  You can even have it set so you can choose the courses that are included in the multi calendar.

garichard
Community Participant

How do you vote on this idea? I can't find the voting option on this one. 

I'm desperate to figure out how to do this on my canvas calendar! I don't want to enter my office hours at the same time for all of my classes. Five days per week x 10 more weeks x 3 classes = 150 calendar entries that I would have to type in individually. Help please!

Appointment groups doesn't work because they have to sign up for them. I want them to be drop in via zoom. 

andy0401
Community Member

It would be nice if you'll add all the courses when adding events and indicating the calendar and not only for the personal calendar.