[Rubrics] Create a student-accessible rubric for self-assessments

Our nursing and OTA staff are using self-assessments to help students evaluate their confidence in the skills they are learning for certification. The idea is that they can take this assessment and choose if they want to share it, see what things they need to brush up on and reflect on their experiences. Currently they are doing this on paper but as we go to more online course work, they would like to integrate this as an online activity within a course.

The peer review rubric as it is set up now would work, but we also like the model of the tests you take on social media that tell you that you're 90% geek!

Added to Theme

139 Comments
swilson34
Community Contributor

Smiley Happy Thanks!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for the update!

monk_rob_rm
Community Novice
GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

OK, the 6th month window is almost up and I find this resubmitted idea whilst writing a guide on rubrics for teachers as part of an assessment workshop at our school. Self assessment is becoming such a critical feature in developing students learning and understanding and the time for this idea is surely now?

swilson34
Community Contributor

I was hoping they would roll it out along with the quiz engine improvements. But I haven't heard any news yet.

cdz
Community Novice

I'm led to believe that this is in the archive!! Interesting as canvas has the ability to peer assess using speedgrader however the student submitting the work is greyed out of the peer selection screen. Surely it wouldn't take a lot to have a tick box on the assignment set up page that would allow for self assessment??? 

GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

Craig

Perhaps we need to push this further or at least know why this cannot happen. I am sometimes at a loss at why somethings work in canvas and other things dont....

cdz
Community Novice

Gideon,

I have our CSM looking into this but I'm also happy to collaborate in order to get it escalated. I fell that this functionality it critical for empowering students to become independent learners, surely a good understanding and application of the assessment criteria is a key part in that process. How do we progress it from here? 

GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey Craig

I am off to CanvasCon in UK on Wednesday. I will ask around and start 'pushing'. Will report back...

cdz
Community Novice

Hi Gideon,

Great minds think alike.. I'm also attending CanvasCon on Wednesday. See you there.