[Rubrics] Create a student-accessible rubric for self-assessments

Our nursing and OTA staff are using self-assessments to help students evaluate their confidence in the skills they are learning for certification. The idea is that they can take this assessment and choose if they want to share it, see what things they need to brush up on and reflect on their experiences. Currently they are doing this on paper but as we go to more online course work, they would like to integrate this as an online activity within a course.

The peer review rubric as it is set up now would work, but we also like the model of the tests you take on social media that tell you that you're 90% geek!

Added to Theme

139 Comments
maarten_devos
Community Explorer

I still want to support this future idea.

Hens
Community Member

For art classes it would be amazing to have the ability to give the students a self-assessment rubric.  This is a feature we could really use.  

Msrendonart
Community Member

I absolutely need this feature! I teach graphic design and part of every project is a self-evaluation and reflection of their work. Right now they are filling out the information and submitting and Adobe Scan of the paper. I also put the rubric in the assignments so I can grade and comment.

We just started using Canvas at our district this year, but since that is our chosen LMS, this would be an amazing tool for me as well as many arts/PBL teachers.

HOW MANY TIMES CAN I VOTE YES ON THIS?

tom_chambers
Community Participant

We still really need this!

julie_tiedens
Community Member

This is a key feature!  Please advance this to the next stage!

paul_dutton
Community Member

This is a need for our schools. Please add this self-assessment

CStalheim
Community Novice

Students should be able to electronically use a rubric to self-assess.  We prefer not to use paper in our COVID learning experience.

maarten_devos
Community Explorer

Thank you for the support guys! Let's vote this one up.

Elvis_Presley
Community Member

This has been suggested for years. How hard can it be to implement?

maarten_devos
Community Explorer

This is actually an essential feature for Canvas to improve modern education. There are so many ways self assessment is needed in a good formative evaluation. I hope Instructure picks up this idea soon.