Create a subgroup of students within a course so that assignments could be assigned to subgroup

0 Likes
(2)

I would like to be able to create a sub-group of students (like the "Everyone" group) so that I could assign to the sub group rather than having to type in individual names in the assign to field.  This would not be for group assignments so the group function does not work for this.  For example I could like to create a sub-group of my virtual students and assign them an assignment or quiz using the group name "Virtual" rather than typing in all 28 names individually.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@uchtman_david 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Would you read through the conversation that most closely aligns with the use case you've described, Assign to by Group for Individual Assignment? We think that essentially captures what you're hoping to be able to do, but let us know!

And you might be interested in weighing in on these related ideas:

Assign to everyone except selected students

Assign To- Paste CSV List of Students

Differentiate Assignments

KyraK
Community Member

This sounds nice, but isn't this already possible through sections?

Teach4Kids
Community Member

I also would really benefit from being able to assign groups of students the same assignment. With over 100 students and six groups that I have, it is very time consuming to type in each student name one by one. Since students are already placed in the groups by name, it seems like there should be a way to do so. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived