Create permission for Teachers to Act As Students (not any user, just students).

0 Likes
(6)

When students run into issues it would help to resolve them much quicker if teachers could masquerade as their students.  I know I can create an account level role for them with 'Act as User' permission enabled however this would allow them to masquerade as any user including other staff members and admins which we don't want.

5 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

kshoemaker1
Community Member

I would support this idea as well.  We have run into a number of situations where it would be more convenient and time effective for the teacher to be able to do this for their students. 

Andrew42
Community Member

This would be of substantial benefit to our teachers and would save them having to contact us in support to achieve the same thing.

I don't mention this as an option to them because I know it would be frustrating for them to know it's an option, but be denied its due to the security concerns mentioned by the original poster of this suggestion.

BrockHaas
Community Novice

As a teacher instructing a course that uses an online textbook that is integrated with canvas, I would also find this to be a helpful feature. As is stands right now, every science teacher in our school district is not able to see what the students see for assignments that are linked into canvas from the textbook. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.