Create template pages

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

User have the ability to create a page in a course and then be able to create multiple copies of that page within the same course.  This would be handy when you want to create one skeleton page and then add a copy of it to multiple modules, for example.

Moved from the old community

Originally Posted By: Neal Legler

Thank you especially for contributions by John Louviere and Kevin Reeve of USU, Floyd Palitang, Suzanne Chandler, Joseph Chmielewski

Additional Kudos to Utah State U for developing the custom tool described in this course: CIDI Custom Tools

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11764-canvas-production-release-notes-2017-07-15 

34 Comments
ndragisic
Community Novice

We are looking at adding this to our instance. Is Kennethware the only option? I usually like to make comparisons before I make a final decision.

bkoch
Instructure
Instructure

All,

Thanks for all the great feedback.  It's clear that we need to create a way for you to create, copy and tweak great-looking content pages based upon a set of pre-built (and hopefully extensible) design templates. While this is an enhancement that will not be delivered in the next six months, it is one that will be formally discussed in our next planning session. 

Thanks again for your passion around this topic!

b

MLentini
Community Participant

For those interested in using Commons as a workaround, there's a feature request out there that could use the votes..." modifiedtitle="true" style="color: #2989c5;" title="Commons ability to import pages or assignments...​. (Okay, I'd tie that to "and do it again 30 times", but to be able to do it at all would be a huge plus.

PSU_Tony
Community Contributor

How about a feature request for Kennethware period! Not all of us have the resources for implementing it. Not to mention the fact that USU's stuff is now on lockdown.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Deactivated user​

Thank you so much for looking into this.  Because it will not be addressed in the next 6 months I am going to archive this idea and if/when it is readdressed it will be reopened.

campbellj
Community Member

I would like this feature for creating new assignments and quizzes. I feel like I'm going through and changing the exact same settings every time, which gets tedious. For example, I always have to uncheck all the boxes to prevent students from seeing their responses when creating a new quiz and set the same IP filtering every time, or for assignments I have to drill down to check all the boxes for the turn in options, even though we turn it in the same way almost every time.

There haven't been any updates on this since last summer. Is this still being worked on?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?
For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-07-05) .
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-07-15) 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@travis_thurston  Thank You ,  @kmeeusen  Thank You,  @John_Lowe  Thank You,  @ndragisic  Thank You,  @rfrankel  Thank You,  @mlattke  Thank You,  @marthazumack  Thank You, aleverton Thank You,  @ccalderon  Thank You, u0291895 Thank You,  @mortensr  Thank You, MLentini Thank You,  @PSU_Tony  Thank You, &   @campbellj  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas!