[New Quizzes] Create the Ability to Place Quizzes in Groups

Currently, there is no way to organize quizzes into groups under the "Quizzes" tab in Canvas. A lot of the faculty at my school give multiple types of quizzes (e.g. exams, surveys, participation quizzes, etc.). I know that you can add quizzes in weighted groups in the "Assignments Tab" and that you can organize quizzes via the Modules, but a lot of faculty are requesting the ability to separate types of quizzes in the "Quizzes" tab. This would really help separate Classic from New Quizzes as well.

Added to Theme

9 Comments
Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

What do you mean by groups? Are you planning to create a New Quizzes assessment to be assigned to certain groups? That's probably not going to work correctly since LTI tools cannot be used for group assessments.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

J_Stallsworth
Community Explorer

@Kelvin_Dean No, I am not referring to creating group assessments. I am referring to creating a system of organizing assessments under the quizzes tab. I would like to be able to create groups similar to those in assignments (when one is assigning weights to said groups). For example, I would like to be able to create a group called "Exams" and have all course exams located in that group. I might also want another group called "Surveys." The point is to keep them more organized for both students and faculty. 

data314
Community Member

It would be helpful if, from the teacher's canvas page, I could sort quizzes into groups, like I can with assignments.  When I click on assignments, I am able to create groups and sort assignments into groups so that I can organize and find assignments easily.  In quizzes, however, all I can see is a list of all the quizzes I have created over the course of the year.  Since my students quiz several times a week, that is a lot of quizzes that I have to sort through.  Please add groups to the quizzes tab so that I can organize my quizzes!

LMDomine
Community Member

This would be extremely helpful - especially for those of us who teach large sections.

dave_fugate
Community Member

I would like to see some way of organizing the quiz section of canvas. I have quizzes for different reasons, units etc. When there are too many, it is cumbersome to find the one I want.

jason_smith3
Community Member

Need to have a sort feature like we have the ability to create groups in assingments.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme