Creating a Conference for a Single Section

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-09-15).

In a course consisting of multiple sections, it would be very useful to be able to create a Conference for a single section, similar to creating an assignment.

38 Comments
ajsotophoto
Community Novice

This would be awesome and seems like it should be a feature, since we can separate announcements and our gradebook by section, why not conferences?

a_j_lochner
Community Member

Excellent idea! Very useful!

Rdamiano
Community Member

This is a huge need for my staff. Currently, they have one or two preps and for each prep, they have multiple sections. Because we have to be fully distance learning right now, they send an invite to all course members for each period of daily live teaching. If they don't, they would have to go through and check each student's name in a period. If they had access to selecting by section, it would make their lives much less stressful and would also reduce stress for students, who are currently getting 3-4 invites from the same class per day. 

eduardo_hermsen
Community Member

Also show the number of participant in the section or group so you get an indication of the number of participants in the section or group. 

kmedart
Community Novice

I support idea. I have colleagues that like Big Blue Button but don't want to switch from Google Meets or Zoom because of the limited invite options and time it takes to select individual students or the confusion it causes to mass send out invites. 

CBlanchard326
Community Novice

This would be amazing!!

barnes_s1
Community Member

YES please!!!!! We need this ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barnes_s1
Community Member

I have 6 sections each with about 25 students in them, I need to be able to conference with the whole section or choose from students within it.  It really is in desperate need.

barnes_s1
Community Member

My entire school/ district is using canvas and this is another highly recommended feature for 700+ faculty

IdontKnow
Community Novice

It would be very helpful if teachers could invite students to virtual conferences by class period. Right now the only options are to invite all students, or to invite students individually.