Creating a "mashup" Front page

0 Likes
(1)

Just wondering if other Canvas users might want at "mashup" type of Front page - See attached.

We are new to Canvas this year, and are transitioning from a different LMS. As we look at ways that we can help transition our teachers from the old to the (GLORIOUS) new, I asked several teachers what they would want the Front page of their course to look like...and this is what we dreamed up - to have a static page with basic course information at the top, then Modules listed below it.

[Our goal is to avoid the "Oh - I didn't look in Modules" excuse - since it'll be on that FIRST PAGE once they get into the course.]

[And yes, part of the transition to a new LMS is training for all - faculty, students, parents...and at that time, we can reiterate to all - GO TO MODULES..]

However, this isn't possible (unless you build out the page and add links to the Modules).

Does anyone see this "ability" - to mashup multiple modules/features of Canvas into one place - as useful in a Canvas course?

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

dadaniel
Community Explorer

This is something that I feel would be very useful. The current choices for front pages are a bit all or nothing. Sometimes we need information from the Modules and the Syllabus to be readily available.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.