Custom Course Links

0 Likes
(3)

When I create a page that has content students need frequently, I would like to be able to add a link to that page in the sidebar for them.  Currently the only way I know to do this is the redirect tool.  This process is a bit cumbersome and points to a specific URL rather than an updatable course link, which creates real problems when the course is copied and reused in the future.  The redirect link copies over and points to the original URL, which is of course in the old class.

I do not have any permissions to edit the URL in the new class, but that whole process is unnecessary when the system would do better to just allow me to create a link for any of the pages and add it to the navigation for the course. Ideally I could create a page for Readings, for example, name it whatever I want in the link, and add it to a place where the students could get to it easily.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

amy_koger
Community Explorer

Great idea - interested as well.

erik_gustafson
Community Participant

This is great! Upvote!!!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.