Customize Canvas Catalog Enrollment and Certificate of Completion Emails

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Catalog Release Notes (2021-06-30)

We would like the ability to customize Canvas Catalog enrollment and certificate of completion emails. Currently, you can only customize the header and footer of these emails. We would like the ability to customize the body and have the ability to use a rich text editor to make it easier to customize these emails. Currently, the only option is HTML. Please see below for example content and the current layout for customizing these emails.

Hi [name].,

You have earned a new certificate for completing:

International Student Online Orientation Spring 2021.

The completion of this course is required of all international students. Your next step is to input this code XXX. By completing the Orientation Form, you will gain access to the next step in your ISSS check-in process.  

If you have any questions, please contact an ISSS Advisor

Keep learning,

University of Maryland Open Learning

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 10.25.34 AM.png

35 Comments
jkayew
Community Explorer

This was needed - yesterday!

It would be incredibly helpful for all of the listed reasons in this thread. We need to be able to provide resources, next steps, links, contact information, or many other important confirmation details tailored by course. This would also be an important opportunity to provide links to request web accessibility if a participant has a need, to help meet compliance with the international web accessibility regulations and standards.

1000%, this is one of several imperative upgrades/flexibility features needed.

A00015317
Community Explorer

We need this 3 years ago.  Utah State supports this idea 500%.

kcoleman5
Community Member

This would certainly be a value add for customers. I support this request.

walkerjj
Community Explorer

Additional support for this this request from me.

CWilkerson
Community Participant

I'm also supporting this request.

rgudmundson
Community Member

Very much want/need this feature please. 

walkerjj
Community Explorer

Also supporting this request!

nathanphillips
Community Participant

+1 this comes up often, I know I discussed it when we were implementing, and repeatedly since then. 

jkayew
Community Explorer

This is more than needed. Please create this feature!

zsgoreczky
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi Everyone, 

We are planning to implement email customization in the upcoming months and we need your valuable insights for this. We have created a 5-minute-long survey focusing on email customization. It would be extremely helpful if you could fill it out: https://t.maze.design/29673589

Thank you for your help in advance. 

Zsofi Goreczky