Cutting out the UPDATE QUESTION option and just using the SAVE button.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Updating quiz questions requires 2 steps.  After editing a question, one has to "update question" AND save.  If accidentally hitting SAVE before hitting the "update question" button all work is lost.  This seems to be one step too many and causes frustration when so much time is spent updating and questions.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
22 Comments
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Love it!

josh_emmitt
Community Contributor

Yes this is something we need. I have made this stupid mistake too many times! We need to idiot (me) proof it!

Beth_Young
Community Contributor

I used to love those commercials! *open, open, open, open . . . *

cholling
Community Champion

I have a faculty who is heavily vested in the quizzing tool functionality. So much so that she told me this week, that if there is any opportunity available for a faculty "advisory board" member or tester, to count her in!! If this is a possibility, please have someone email me and I'll pass along her contact information.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...

ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

At my college we started using Canvas this semester and so I am in the process of training fellow faculty in its use. It's telling that those of us with just a bit of experience share a knowing chuckle when someone new to Canvas "discovers" this. If I were less conscientious I might think of it as a rite of passage. :smileydevil: ("Oh, you lost a question when you didn't click both buttons. Elanor lost ten when it happened to her, but poor Frodo had it happen three times before he finally learned to click both buttons.")

hydeag
Community Novice

Here we are in 2017 and it hasn't happened yet even though it says it will be done in 2016.  I for another, have had the "lost question" issue raise it's ugly head many times as I am a first year/term user of Canvas. Etudes habits are hard to break and not having a "Done" button is sorely missed. Come on folks, let's stuff the ballot box!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta Quizzes LTI User Group 

This feature is now available through the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Find more information on the Quizzes LTI tool, and how to access it, at Quizzes LTI User Group 

This feature of the Quizzes LTI tool is found in the 'create a question' guides.  Each question no longer has an 'update question' button, but instead has a button that says "done".

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
tom_collins
Community Explorer

A lot of functionality was lost with New Quizzes.  It's still very hard to understand why no one ever bothered to fix this in the legacy Quizzes. It couldn't have been that hard.