[Theme Editor] Dark Theme/Dark Mode for Canvas

Hello all! I am a student, and I am here to suggest an idea that I thought would make Canvas more personalized. I think a dark theme would be great for Canvas since some students like to stay up at night (not me), and the bright white light from Canvas can hurt their eyes. The main reason why I want it is because it would look better on my computer. Youtube and Google have these options, why not Canvas? Thank you for reading!

Comments from Instructure

While we are not able to announce that this idea has been completed, it is important to celebrate that Dark Mode has been added to Canvas Student, Canvas Teacher, and Canvas Parent. (2022-07-05)

349 Comments
JoshuaViljoen
Community Novice

it would be great for there to be a dark mode in the profile area to help people who have problems plus it is more comfortable for peoples eyes

CarlosMay
Community Novice

It would be cool if canvas had a dark mode for night use. 

MilesWhite
Community Novice

I think we should have a dark mode For people with sensitive eyes or people who prefer dark mode then normal mode, The benefits to this is not much but I personally think it should be a feature in canvas,

Thank you,

MilesWhite
Community Novice

Thank you, For your your time `

KrissK
Community Explorer

I would also like this as a teacher. I can force all webpages to show in dark mode but certain items, like Speedgrader, still show up white, which is quite jarring.

MonicaGinarte
Community Novice

Have Canvas support dark mode. Dark mode can be helpful and be more relaxing for the eye, especially after having to focus on a bright white screen for hours a day. 

LillianGrace
Community Novice

make the pages darker instead of so bright to help not strain eyes

PranavDhingra
Community Novice

Hello, 

I am writing this message to suggest a user interface feature that would be appreciated by a lot of students. I was wondering that a Dark Mode toggle for the website would be amazing addition to the canvas portal for my university (The University of Adelaide). 

This is just a suggestion from an everyday user of the your product. 

Regards,

Pranav

puresavanna
Community Novice

I am currently a student using Canvas and it would be great if Canvas had a Dark Mode or Background Color Changer setting. This could help students focus more if they have a specific color that helps them focus. Also, some colors have been proven to help students learn. Furthermore, Dark Mode would be very beneficial to students who have sensitive eyesight. They can focus better and their eyes wouldn't get more damaged than they already are from looking at a computer all day. 

Danth
Community Novice

Hi, please add a dark mode to whole interface, it results so harmful for eyes, thanks for your attention and have a great day.