Dashboard Course Card Shortcuts

0 Likes
(1)

It would be nice to be able to have a 'gradebook' and 'module' shortcut on each course card instead of announcements, assignments, discussions and files. As an educator, the gradebook and modules are the things I'm constantly getting into and a shortcut for those would be amazing! 

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

mandeejo
Community Member

I totally agree and actually just commented the same thing.  We should be able to customize it to what fits our needs.

mpanitz
Community Member

I agree!  Being able to choose the shortcuts on the course cards in the dashboard would be great.  Specifically, being able to go directly to the gradebook would be awesome!

mbrittGA
Community Member
Author

Right?! How do we make this happen? Changing the shortcuts would be so very helpful! 

lamplamp
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

I teach several courses, and each has its own canvas tile. When I'm navigating to the gradebook for a particular course, canvas requires that I execute an extra click from the dashboard because I have to first enter the course through the course tile.

Proposed solution:

It would be much more efficient if there was a gradebook link embedded into the course tile that I could click on, so I can bypass the main course page. Is this possible? Similarly, when I want to access the modules listings to show daily assignments, I also have to navigate into the course page first. This is another scenario where a link on the course tile would be very helpful.

User role(s):

instructor

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.