Dates

0 Likes

It would be really helpful to have a way to insert the same due date for all assignments when a student has taken an Incomplete and the course is opened back up for that work to be completed. With Covid, people are out at different times and miss different dates, so it is not just a few dates that need to be changed. It takes a lot of time to select each assignment and change the date for each assignment. The way the batch editing works simply fast forwards a given number of days, but that doesn't match what is needed for Incomplete work. The same ending date needs to be placed on each assignment. It would save a lot of time to have a way to select one common date and have it inserted into the availability cut off date for each assignment. Thank you for your consideration of this need. I am an instructor. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi!

I know that opening multiple assignments to make adjustments take time! Have you explored the Bulk Update feature? How do I bulk update due dates and availability dates as an instructor?  That could help a lot. I understand that you have to check the box for each item that needs to be adjusted, but it could be a step in the right direction.

If this feature helps you accomplish what you need, wonderful! If not, what would you like to see beyond that? What would help you be most efficient in your workflow?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived