Deduct X% or X points per day for each day an assignment submission is late

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote May 5th, 2015 - August 5th, 2015  Learn more about voting...

As an instructor, I want to specify that late submissions to a given assignment have X% or X points deducted from their possible score for each day the submission is late. This setting would be configurable at the course, assignment group, and individual assignment level. I should have the option to manually override late penalties for a given student.

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Neal Legler

Special thanks for contributions from: Mike Griffiths, C. David Frankel, Annaleah Morrow, Desiree Shultz

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13886 .

58 Comments
klapacek
Community Novice

This is a MUCH needed feature to avoid grading errors and students potentially feeling that they are being treated unfairly if I miss a deduction for one student and not for another.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-12-18) 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2018-01-06) .

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme