Default Settings for Assignment

(1)

It would be helpful if we could set default settings for assignments. Many of my assignment settings have the same settings and it would save a lot of clicks and time if I could set the defaults and use the quick add for assignments. 

6 Comments
ancayanj
Community Explorer

Yes!! This is definitely needed! 

Right now, "Display Grade As" defaults to "Points" but I would like to set the default to be "Display Grade as Letter Grade" since I am using Grading Schemes in my course.

millejacob
Community Member

This is so essential. Especially because most of what canvas is used for is making assignments.... and it honestly sucks for that. why it needs to take me 5 minutes per assignment is beyond me. even the creating a copy of assignment workaround doesn't really work.

mtria
Community Member

I agree! the amount of time it takes to put in the settings for each assignment is very off putting. it's the last thing you remember to do with a full class in the room. I have the same settings almost every time so a template for a Quick add would be great

LetoyaMoore
Community Novice

More try's at the assignments. And more details on what is need for the assignment and full sentences

LetoyaMoore
Community Novice

There should be more than one chance to the test..

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.