cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default filename of batch submission download should be course+assignment name

Default filename of batch submission download should be course+assignment name

0 Kudos
(3)

The current default filename for downloading all submissions of a course is "submissions.zip". Instead, it should be a filename that reflects the course and assignment title.

Currently, I downloaded several batch submissions of assignments, but they are all labeled "submissions.zip" so then I end up with "submissions (1).zip" and "submissions (2).zip")

3 Comments
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

@paulbui 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broader discussion, you might be interested in supporting these ideas associated with submission downloads:

Download submissions into student folders - Canvas Community

Download assignments with student email rather tha... - Canvas Community 

drosoff
Community Member

This would really help with managing a heavy grading load. I would like to have this ability.

learner3
Community Member

@paulbui This is quiet necessary not just for the submissions folder, but for any folder download on Canvas.

@drosoff Yes. It would be just as helpful to course participants who otherwise have end up with a set of common filenames for all download folders.

Have raised a similar request with some suggestions here-
For 'Files' section: change default name of the downloaded folders

Thank you

About Idea Conversations
In the Instructure Community Ideas space, you can share, converse, and rate idea conversations related to software improvements to Instructure products.