Delete Option Within Discussions, etc.

0 Likes
(3)

In areas such as Discussions for example, when an instructor clicks on options, several options show up in a list.  Delete tends to be near the top of the list.  For Discussions, I see in this order: Mark all as read, Delete, Speedgrader, then several other options.  In more than one occasion, I have accidentally clicked on Delete when meaning to click on one of the other two listed above.  This is very frustrating and I think an easy fix is for Canvas to always put the Delete option last within a list.  It seems like an obvious and intuitive thing to me.

4 Comments
Jeff_F
Community Champion

I agree 100%. This should be doable as it doesn't appear that an alphabetical sequence is enforced.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

I completely agree. I'm always careful not to accidently click on "delete," but seeing it near the top of the list makes me nervous.  In all of the dropdown menus, "delete" should be moved to the end. This is should be an easy "fix" for the Canvas programmers. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.