[New Quizzes] Delete quiz attempts

When averaging quiz attempts or when using "latest score" for a quiz, it would be helpful if instructors could delete a quiz attempt by a student. If there is a glitch, an inaccurate/ incomplete attempt shouldn't be allowed to hurt the student's grade.

In the Moderate quiz screen, clicking on a student's name shows their attempts. When viewing an attempt, there can be a button to either delete/ remove the attempt, or to not count its results.

41968_Quiz_attempts.pngQuiz_attempts.png

Comments from Instructure

2022-07-12 -- After reviewing this long-existing idea, the Community Team has determined that this request will remain Open. While it was authored when only Classic Quizzes existed, the idea can be applied to New Quizzes as well. Ultimately, this will reduce the number of duplicated Idea requests and allow the conversation and collaboration to exist in a single space. 

Added to Theme

140 Comments
kendall_moore
Community Member

I voted for this because it is extremely important. Please add this feature. I am sure that I am not the only person who is thinking this, but we have students to teach, and this falls under a category of obvious features. To have to vote to add this is ridiculous.

marianna_pinter
Community Participant

Most of the issues that are for vote fall into the same category: they should have been part of canvas by default. But canvas does not seem to sense any pressure to resolve these obvious development/design failures. I am wondering if this forum is just used for marketing.

rislis
Community Champion

Would another solution possibly be to have a 2nd submission button to click? That would at least avoid any accidental submissions. (Are you SURE you want to submit this test?)

K-12Priority Services K-12

j_bernanke
Community Novice

Being able to delete a test attempt would be useful for all the very good reasons I see presented in this forum. The suggestion to add this option to the "Moderate" quiz screen (with a "Are you sure" verification) makes a lot of sense. Not being able to delete a quiz is a frustrating limitation. 

marianna_pinter
Community Participant

I am curious if there is anything what can make canvas spring into action to solve this issue. Their standard answer to any malfunction is that it is "intentional" design.

doanderson
Community Novice

I want students to be able to retake the quizzes at the end of the term for a review for the State test, instead of rebuilding the tests.

rislis
Community Champion

communityteam‌ - what does it mean when we see an alert that this was modified by you?

Thanks!

CommunityTeam
Community Novice

@rislis ‌, it is an unfortunate quirk of this platform that members are notified of any modification to a content item, however slight, but they are not notified of what was changed. In this instance, our team removed obsolete boilerplate content from the idea description; no modifications were made to the substance of the idea itself or to its status.

smcdon4
Community Novice

So ... this conversation has been going on for 5 years now. Why do you not have this feature? I don't think I need to reiterate the point that this feature is essential to using Canvas for online quizzes. 

mesutaydemir
Community Explorer

This is extremely important for the courses that have no end-dates.