Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete quiz attempts

Delete quiz attempts

(40)
When averaging quiz attempts or when using "latest score" for a quiz, it would be helpful if instructors could delete a quiz attempt by a student. If there is a glitch, an inaccurate/ incomplete attempt shouldn't be allowed to hurt the student's grade.

In the Moderate quiz screen, clicking on a student's name shows their attempts. When viewing an attempt, there can be a button to either delete/ remove the attempt, or to not count its results.

41968_Quiz_attempts.pngQuiz_attempts.png

129 Comments
wadams3

Needed more than ever as we are navigating entirely online due to COVID 19.  Students are accidentally taking quizzes or getting exited out due to technical difficulties.

richardson

Proctorio will only work on quizzes.  I link to external LMS assessments via Proctorio's 'Verify Password'.  If something goes wrong on that side and the quiz is 'successfully' completed, then there is no mechanism for allowing a student to retake the quiz absent allowing *every* student to do so.

This ability to delete attempts is critical and sorely needed *now*!

k_durant

This is basic functionality for managing quiz attempts. 

ecastro
Status changed to: Open

james_neill
Community Participant

Please add this feature. Bit of a no-brainer, really.

rmillhouse

There is discussion in support of this going back to 2015 yet apparently no movement.  This would be a great feature to have.

khahn1
Community Member

Please fix this! I get wanting to keep the record, but if we put in an extra attempt due to a glitch, we should then be able to at least exclude the attempt in which the glitch occurred so it doesn't impact the students score.

Scott26

It has been over five years!  How long do you need to look into this feature?

kcoats

This feature is critical-  allowing students to "see" the answers after an unintentional submission- particularly a submission that is due to a technical difficulty- power outage, computer freeze etc. compromises the entire test, for the whole class. 

Sure, adding another attempt works if they can't see previous attempts- and perhaps this is the workaround that you develop if you are worried about instructors deleting previous attempts. (Because that is something most of us do- delete student work willy-nilly -sarcasm)  er

so bottom line: either enable us to delete an attempt or enable us to disable their viewing of a previous attempt.  And for those that average all attempts, enable us to ignore a previous score.

wayneb

I add my support to previous posters that this is an essential feature to have. Even if for auditing purposes there is a note left behind about a deleted attempt, treating it as deleted in every way is important (averaging multiple attempts, a simpler way to handle a single student having to restart a quiz due to technical failures without enabling multiple attempts for everyone or other complicated magic, to be able to unpublish quizzes where there was an accidental attempt, etc)

khahn1
Community Member

There's 90 comments, but only 4 "votes" on this. Please vote 5 stars on this to have a better shot at getting their attention.

bjholt
Community Participant

WE TOO ARE VERY INTERESTED IN THIS IMPORTANT FEATURE.  THANKS.

dbarr1

My biggest pain point in course management.

TabithaCI

PLEASE add this feature

jrican

Yes, this is very important for technical issues to be able to delete attempts occasionally. Please make this happen soon!

mpmuse

Yes, please!! I have a student who started an optional retake but didn't finish, and the second attempt is hurting his score. I can't delete the attempt or change the grade in speedgrader to reflect the original score. This is a problem!

jacquesbromberg

Yes, please add this feature. Technical issues are frequent, and a botched attempt b/c of a connectivity issue is not "historical information" in any useful way. On the contrary it adds needless labor for instructors (already overworked) who use the "average scores" grading option.

If it is philosophically important for some reason to retain a record of all attempts, then perhaps instead of "delete attempt" an option to "ignore attempt" would suffice.

FYI Blackboard/Courseweb has both "delete attempt" and "ignore attempt" options available to instructors.

thomas-rietz

You absolutely need to be able to delete quiz attempts and assignment submissions in Canvas. 

edaniels3
Community Member

This is an important feature!

cdohertySCS

Please add this feature. When the internet/wi-fi times out, which happens constantly these days, it is very frustrating for students who get a zero on a quiz and time consuming for teachers to readjust the student's attempts AND have to recalculate (aka "fudge") the grade stats to have a corrected score.