[New Quizzes] Delete quiz attempts

When averaging quiz attempts or when using "latest score" for a quiz, it would be helpful if instructors could delete a quiz attempt by a student. If there is a glitch, an inaccurate/ incomplete attempt shouldn't be allowed to hurt the student's grade.

In the Moderate quiz screen, clicking on a student's name shows their attempts. When viewing an attempt, there can be a button to either delete/ remove the attempt, or to not count its results.

41968_Quiz_attempts.pngQuiz_attempts.png

Comments from Instructure

2022-07-12 -- After reviewing this long-existing idea, the Community Team has determined that this request will remain Open. While it was authored when only Classic Quizzes existed, the idea can be applied to New Quizzes as well. Ultimately, this will reduce the number of duplicated Idea requests and allow the conversation and collaboration to exist in a single space. 

Added to Theme

140 Comments
lclounts
Community Member

I would like to see this feature added, too.  There are clearly a number of reasons why an instructor or school administrator would have need of this function.

MrLunetta
Community Participant

I was just looking for info on how to do this very thing--I would like this feature.

amberbutler05
Community Member

This would be very useful for my classroom. I need to be able to delete quiz attempts, especially if there were behaviors that the student had to work through before they could continue and try the quiz again. The glaring reminder of their first "failure" that was the consequence of the original behavior antecedent can make them feel terrible and can even sometimes spark another behavior issue. The slate needs to be able to be wiped clean.

DoctorD
Community Novice

OK, how about taking care of this Canvas???  This idea was first suggested five and a half years ago and i really needed. 

One reason for allowing us to delete a student's grade is when tech issues keep them from finishing the quiz/test (which happens all the time now with Covid making everything online), I need to delete the previous quiz/test so that they can't see the answers while they wait to retake the test/quiz.  

Seems like a nobrainer to me.

LL_Savage
Community Member

I would love if this feature was included on Canvas. I teach high school and sometimes I'll get an eager student who starts a quiz I haven't even assigned in class because they panic when they see it on their "to do" list. It would be nice to be able to remove that early score so then I can unpublish the quiz until I want to assign it. Once, a student takes the quiz it can no longer be unpublished and then students may continue to take it early but I can't take it down. 

Having the ability to delete submissions would give me more control as to when I want to publish it and give my students access the assignment. 

parmana
Community Participant

Yes, please, we need this feature!

Has it really been open for 5 years+ and has 11 pages of support - and still not been implemented?

I read thru a few pages and I agree that there are many situations were this would be desirable and an easier fix than other solutions.

ProfBee
Community Explorer

PLEASE make this happen. 

mstigter
Community Explorer

Another feature Canvas really needs and should have had before the COVID crud hit the fan. With so many students working from various places, the ability to clear an attempt is necessary.

It is now year 6 for this request...

dwayne_towell1
Community Explorer

Wow! Still nothing! I really need this feature.

tony_harris
Community Novice

Today is March 29, 2021 and it's been six years so can you add this by tomorrow?