Delete submissions from completed courses in order to save space

I am a student, and I have new courses on canvas every year. Even though I took English 1 two years ago, the submissions, files, and the course are still held within the app. They cannot be deleted and therefore are taking up unnecessary space on my phone. Having the option to delete work from completed courses would improve space on my device. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

3 Comments
Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

I agree, but what about courses in progress that need to have student submissions deleted so that the course can be unpublished (not deleted)?

dlyons
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@925181 and @Kelvin_Dean, assignment submissions should not be counting towards your User storage quota. From How do I submit an online assignment?:

"Any attachments added as part of a graded assignment submission are also copied to your user files but are not counted against your user quota. However, once the file has been uploaded as a submission, you cannot delete the file. Files are stored in the Submissions folder."

If that isn't what you're observing please contact Support to get assistance.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived