Direct Share of Modules

I would love to have to "Copy To" and "Send To" option available for modules.  Right now it is only available for assignments.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-08-26)

13 Comments
jwadec
Community Contributor

Yes, a whole module would be fantastic! 

jwadec
Community Contributor

That's interesting. The Canvas API lets you send modules but they haven't added those options to the module page yet. I just sent an entire module to a colleague via the API and it worked. Maybe they had some fine tuning they needed to do before they implement whole modules. 

jayde_colquhoun
Instructure
Instructure

Possibly a future release, but this would be great. 

apaskell1
Community Novice

Create a "copy to" shortcut for copying modules from one course to another like the shortcut exists for assignments, pages, announcements, etc.  Having to "copy" the course, selecting specific items, and then selecting a specific module takes too long.

cturrubiartes
Community Member

This would be very helpful!

MLParsons
Community Member

Please, please configure the integration so that we can copy a module or an assignment from one module and immediately copy it to another course. Having to go to assignments and do multiple clicks and configurations is not a good use of my time. If the function works well within a course it should work well between courses. 

Eager to get some resolution on this. 

Thank you. 

tclements3
Community Member

This is sorely needed

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: On Beta
Comments from Instructure

Entire modules and individual module items can be copied to another course and shared with another user.

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-08-26)

yung-soon_naill
Community Member

The ability to copy a module without having to go through commons would be great and technically should be so simple to do...

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed