Directly message student list of missing assignments

0 Likes
(6)

For teachers of K-12 students it would be very, very helpful for teachers to be able to message students a list of every missing assignment in the course, from which they could click directly to each missing assignment. Ideally, this would be as simple as the great messaging that currently exists for missing individual assignments.

I realize that students can find this information themselves, but they cannot always be trusted to do so.  This addition would make my life as a teacher of middle school students much simpler; when students have many missing assignments, 15 individual messages are far more overwhelming/less helpful than one single one with all the information they need.  

5 Comments
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

jacob_white
Community Participant

This would be SOOOOOOO useful!

CarlaD07
Community Explorer

This would be very helpful at the K-12 level. We currently have other systems we use just to keep track of missing work for students. If we could message students all their missing work, across all courses we could keep this all within Canvas.

ewood
Community Participant

Running a report for missing work is helpful, but the current process is cumbersome.  In the grade book when we click on an assignment we have the option of "message students who"... I frequently have two or three students who are missing multiple assignments, it would be more helpful if, in the grade book, I could click on the student name and be given the option "message a list of *** ".  From there the options could be "Missing work", "scores lower than", "late work", etc

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.