Disable To Do List Notifications in Student App

0 Likes

956E2DDF-584A-4BFB-9C23-20B001C1B9FA.jpeg

 the to-do list notifications should be removed, or there should be an option in the push notifications settings to turn them off. It’s student canvas and on an IOS. 

5 Comments
amorriso
Community Explorer

If you want to turn off the number appearing next to the icon, you can turn that off in your iOS settings under notifications, find the Student app, and then turn off the "Badges" option.

ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

beccalunceford
Community Member

I did as stated and there isn't a "badges" option on my settings. I would like to turn off/disable the red circle and number on the student "to do" list (Canvas Elementary and ipad). How do I do this? When I set up the coarse it asked me if I wanted to link my assignments to the "To Do" list. I said yes because I thought it would show only in this course, not on the Canvas homepage and everywhere else. I do not want parents completed or redoing work with their student at home if they think their student has not completed something.

HeatherFred
Community Novice
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.