[To Do] Disable the To Do List

I want students to work from the Modules and complete work in the order on the Module.  This ensures student learning progresses in a sound pedagogical order.  The student To Do list completely sabotages student learning.  If they click on an assignment on the To Do list without doing all the preparatory pages and information I have listed, in order, on the Module, they are not properly prepared or reinforcing their learning.

I have to put big red words to asking them NOT to work from the TO DO list, but some students will take the short cut anyway.  

Also, the student To Do list takes up too much screen real estate.  This right frame is completely counter-productive and unnecessary. 

Please put in a feature where the instructor can control or disable the student To Do list.

Added to Theme

120 Comments
alavan
Community Explorer

@James 

Thanks so much!

cadams2
Community Member

Please make the "To-Do" list as on option to turn on or off

jefferypressnel
Community Novice

The To-Do List confuses my students

cnunes
Community Explorer

@jmccarth I agree,  I would love to  be able to disable the to-do list!

jennifer_b
Community Member

Yes, PLEASE make this something we can disable rather than work around.

gurmukhgarry
Community Member

Please disable the to-do list.

Gwen_Maciel
Community Novice

I agree. It is frustrating when students get locked out trying to avoid moving through the modules by going straight to the To Do list. I support disabling the To Do List.

nwiggins
Community Explorer

COME ON CANVAS this has been a problem in this forum since 2017, it is now 2021. CANVAS is being used more and more because of the current COVID situation. Parents are being asked to facilitate courses, students are expected to be responsible for their own learning and the "TO DO" list looks like a short cut when it actually makes the course more difficult for them both!  Give us a way to disable this feature in our courses! The temptation of the "TO DO" list is too great! 

mcarpenter2
Community Explorer

Exactly! What @nwiggins said. 

chatterjee1
Community Explorer

This still needs to happen.