Disallow announcements within student groups.

0 Likes
(3)

Hello, 

The options for student groups need to be improved. Within student groups, there are, shall we say, less-mature individuals who are posting inappropriate announcements. The ability to disable announcements altogether really should be added. Thanks for your consideration. 

6 Comments
Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Open

Opened for conversation

RobDitto
Community Champion

@yoderr , consider rating or commenting on this closely-related idea conversation:

milnerw
Community Member

This is a much needed feature.

fleming_heather
Community Member

It has been a year since this original post. Has anything been done? I would love to disable the feature that allows students to create announcements in a group as well. Otherwise, I am going to have to delete my groups.

DanGioiaAdmin
Community Explorer

We would like to see this option also.  Along with an option to only allow the group leader the ability to post an announcement.  This would be helpful with study groups where we add a tutor to the course, among other scenarios.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.