[Discussions] Open/Close All Discussions

Problem statement:

I have 30+ discussions that I monitor in the one Course. I currently close each for commenting at 4pm and re-open for commenting at 8am each school day. The reason for the discussions in this course is to create more opportunities for students to connect. Therefore, helping them with their social wellbeing and school engagement. They need to be closed to help prevent cyberbullying and assist with adequate monitoring of the discussions.

Proposed solution:

I propose to have a Button created to open all discussions for commenting and a button for close all discussions to commenting.

User role(s):

instructor

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

LukeWiseman
Community Member

Tried using Multi-Tool today and was able to get close to achieving a desired outcome. However, the previously posted comments in the discussions became un-viewable when I changed when the discussions were available. I would still like the comments to be viewable just closed for commenting. Just like what you can achieve by clicking the 3 dots next to each discussion. 

ellisonl15
Community Participant

Agreed. In general it would be a huge help if Canvas would implement bulk action options. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme