Display Course Grades in Calendar View

0 Likes
(1)

As as student that uses the Canvas Calendar to pretty much organize their life during school, I feel that a very major feature is missing: a grade overview. On the dashboard of the mobile app, you see your course grade displayed in the title card, and I feel that this would be a extremely simple but powerful improvement. Seeing changes immediately allows students to more quickly respond to grading questions which have become increasingly critical during the online learning period.

There is ample room below the "Calendar Feed" link which would perfectly fit a simple box listing a course followed by a percentage grade based on current assignments and weights, just like in dashboard of the mobile app.

3 Comments
tyler-boothby
Community Member

Canvas Calendar Grades POC (2).png

This is a quick illustration of what I mean, made simply by editing the HMTL on the canvas page.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.