[Inbox] Display students' submission comments in the Mailbox

Currently, when a student makes a comment on his/her submission, the teacher will receive a message for that comment via a daily/weekly digest email.
However, in the teacher's mailbox, only the message saying that the student made the comment is shown, no real comment is displayed. The teacher has to click on the link "Click to view", login to Canvas (if he has not logged in yet), and go to the page that has the comment. This approach will take a lot of time if the course has many students.

It would be convenient if Canvas can display the students' submission comment text fully in the teachers' daily/weekly digest emails so that the teachers can just have a glance at all comments made by all the students without logging in to Canvas and deciding which one he/she will respond by clicking on the "Click to view" link.

10 Comments
scott_mcdonald
Community Novice

As a teacher, when our inbox is full of long lists of student comments, it often gets ignored due to so many comments being for other teachers and not even from our own students. We do not want to read other teachers' comments. It could be resolved by including the comments in the same email and not requiring to click and login to see the comment.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing these ideas, @tam_nguyenmaith . We can move this forward as a request for a section filter in the submission comments section of the Inbox. Would you please edit the description to remove the second request (starting with "Also") and then rewrite that as a separate idea submission? 

tam_nguyenmaith
Community Participant

@Stefanie, I updated the post as per your suggestion. Please let me know if the second post is clear enough.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@tam_nguyenmaith  Could you clarify the use of "Inbox" in the edited description? Users cannot access the Canvas Inbox without first authenticating into their account, so it's not clear whether this refers to external notifications (which is to say, the inbox of the user's external email account) or the Canvas Inbox. 

Thanks.

tam_nguyenmaith
Community Participant

@Stef_retired I have updated the post as your suggestion. Please feel free to update to make it clearer.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

It's perfect; thanks, @tam_nguyenmaith . We've moved the idea forward for broader discussion.

supermarnick
Community Explorer

YES!!! I vote this idea up as well!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme