DocViewer: Rotate page/image

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

In the current beta, there is no method for rotating a document. Instructors cannot compensate for students who post PDFs in landscape format (for example). 

Please consider adding a button to rotate 90 degrees (left or right) to better enable instructors to allow alternate rendering and viewing of these documents.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2018-10-06) .

29 Comments
rstegman
Community Novice

A student will submit a jpg in portrait mode but gets displayed to instructor in landscape mode. Ability to rotate jpg in SpeedGrader would be welcome.

sdesimon
Community Member

This would REALLY help!

probinson4
Community Novice

This would be super helpful! My students load documents upside down all the time.  It is super hard to use the document grader when their test is upside down.

rstegman
Community Novice

Yes. This should be seen in the light of a bug fix rather than the addition of a new feature.

lbeile
Community Novice

Have you ever had to grade a test upside down?  Please, please make this improvement as it will be extremely helpful.  Thank you! 

mfalker
Community Novice

this would be wonderful!

james10
Community Contributor

Yes, please! I allow students to submit photographs of work they've completed by hand (e.g. idea maps for brainstorming essays). It would be lovely to not have to download submissions to be able to see them. 🙂

robert_madigan
Community Novice

The same problem affects jpegs.

malia_gabbitas
Community Novice

Great Idea!

mmet
Community Member

PLEASE allow a rotate feature for speed grader! I would love to be able to directly look at an image without having to rotate my head instead of the image. Thanks!