[DocViewer] Default palette of icons/ images

My skill with drawing using a mouse in Docviewer  is rather lackluster.  So my thought is a palette of predefined images would be ever so helpful.  A question mark, green check mark, new paragraph, etc. would be rather useful.  Any interest?

241773_check-mark-2-64.jpg241774_question-mark-6-48.jpg

Added to Theme

Provide more flexible grading options Theme Status: Identified

56 Comments
Anna_Shaver
Community Participant

A set of defaults would be awesome.  But I would also want to have the ability to draw my own "stamps" and save them for future use. For example, I often draw an "extra space dragon" (it looks a bit like Trogdor) if students accidentally include a blank page at the end of a document. I can't imagine many other people want my dragon, but it would be nice if I didn't have to re-draw it every time (I'm not sure how much the students care if they get an original).

Likewise, I don't mind drawing my own check, question mark, carat, triple underscore, chicken, etc., if I only have to do it once.

emonahan
Community Novice

I will add:

• Green check mark or +
  • Good summary
  • Missing some formatting with APA/MLA guidelines
  • Review the rubric for complete details
marthazumack
Community Contributor

I love the dragon idea! I'm an admin, not a teacher, but if I marked assignments I'd definitely want to use a dragon. Smiley Happy

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

In the meantime, I find that on my Mac the keyboard shortcut Alt-V inserts a check mark in Text and Point Comments and in the Assignment Comments field of SpeedGrader as well.

douglas_deboer
Community Novice

There are a whole bunch of rather standard proofreading and editing symbols.  Including support for these in Speedgrader (or any grading app) seems to be a no-brainer to me.  Please add such support.  Here is an example of what I'm writing about (see "page 1" of this): https://www.edu.uwo.ca/graduate-education/lead_ta/legacy_project_2014/documents/proofreading_and_edi... 

tamara_molina
Community Novice

I would definitely use stickers like check marks, +, -, to give quick feedback instead of lengthy comments on every part of an assignment.  Great idea!

jrominski
Community Novice

I'd want fun stickers too with pictures (like my scratch and sniff that I normally use on paper copies of work). It's a nice way to motivate students when they are doing well or showing improvement.

Other marking tools would be helpful too. 

ronmarx
Community Contributor

A sticker/icon-chooser within the Canvas RCE would be great! Our school district uses CidiLabs for accelerated course design work, from which this screen shot was taken. Implementing a sticker library that is searchable by description tags would increase its utility immeasurably.

Sticker-Icon Chooser, Insert at cursor

sarah_jobson
Community Novice

Or a smiley face 🙂  But not like that.  

sarah_jobson
Community Novice

Please Canvas.  I need this now to save myself a heap of time and make sure students know when they've done something right.