[DocViewer] Default palette of icons/ images

My skill with drawing using a mouse in Docviewer  is rather lackluster.  So my thought is a palette of predefined images would be ever so helpful.  A question mark, green check mark, new paragraph, etc. would be rather useful.  Any interest?

241773_check-mark-2-64.jpg241774_question-mark-6-48.jpg

Added to Theme

Provide more flexible grading options Theme Status: Identified

56 Comments
s_eberhard
Community Novice

I was search under wrong keywords! Yes please..

We have certain subjects, like Accounting, that has grid formatted answers, like a balance sheet, or some accounting journals. Marking typically is done by ticks and/or crosses. Comments in these cases aren't as useful, nor a rubric is as helpful.

I can think of other subjects where this would be very useful as well, like economics, mathematics, statistics and more!

As you can see, that's not easy to do on Speedgrader and drawing on a mouse is not ideal nor good for the wrist!

I only have a blank script here, imagine I could just click on the stamp or symbol I wanted, then click anywhere on the script to indicate some feedback (via the ticks and crosses) for each part.

g_rechtschaffen
Community Novice

This feature is so critical for my marking (worked well in Crowd Mark) that I don't see the point in using this Canvas feature without it.  My course has over 1,000 students a year, and the type of tests/exams we create do not lend themselves to drawing with a mouse.  What we need are check marks and exes.

cynthia_six
Community Novice

Grading assignments is generally not a teacher's favorite part of their job. However, one of the benefits of giving a paper assignment is you can put fun stickers on it! I propose the ability to put virtual stickers or gifs on student work or in the comments in SpeedGrader. This will be more exciting and enticing for the students to check their assignments online and the positivity of giving stickers is good for the morale of both students and teachers.

dgarber1
Community Novice

I would like this feature for grading engineering/math assignments. Green check mark (for correct), yellow check mark (for correct step, but earlier mistake), red X (for incorrect step). And you should also still be able to attach a comment to the symbols.

lu463747
Community Novice

I would support this idea for sure (IIRC I could do this in Blackboard back in the day). However, can't you also approximate this by using emoji in regular comments?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

FindingSunshine
Community Member

When giving feedback to younger students it would be helpful and encouraging to be able to insert a fun digital feedback sticker (clipart) right onto their submitted assignment from sources such as google docs, and slides.

Right now we can attach an image to the comments when grading work. However, students then have to click on the link to view the image. Allowing us to be able to put the image right into the work would help reduce the steps for younger kids to see the feedback/encouragement. 

CanvasDocTeam
Community Team
Community Team

Haidsong
Community Member

Please allow adding jpg in Speedgrader.

For Kindergarten teachers and we will put "motivation stickers" on their work. Like this example:motivation sticker 1.jpg

Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @Haidsong

I've opened this idea for conversation. 

Thanks, 

Allie