Don't make me click to "Show more results"

0 Likes
(1)

When I want to link to a page or an assignment, or pretty much anything else, when I get to the bottom of the list of things I can link to, I have to click on "Show more results". If I'm at the bottom of the list, chances are I want to see more results. Why are you making me have to select that link every. single. time. and then wait for the "more results" to load, so I can scroll (again) to the item I want. If my list is long enough, I sometimes have to do this twice.

I have a page at the beginning of each Unit with the sections we will cover, and then a page at the beginning of each section with subsections, so students can see what's coming (best practice). Each of these pages LINKS to the pages or assignments listed on it. For one Unit page, I might have to link to four or five section pages; for each section page, I might have to link to five or more subsections. If my links are "below the fold" for this page, I have to scroll, click, wait, scroll (sometimes click and wait and scroll again) and then FINALLY I can select my link.

Why do I have to ask to see more if I'm already at the bottom of the list?

Why not just list all of my pages or assignments?

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@lglen ‌

Thanks for sharing this idea. Are you referencing the display when adding assignments and pages to the Rich Content Editor? If that's the case, I suspect the "why" around the need for a "Load More" button rather than always loading all of the available pages is associated with performance issues and page load times. My test in a large course that has the New Rich Content Editor (RCE) enabled allowed me to scroll through at least 100 pages before I reached a "Load More" button at the bottom.

Or are you referencing the workflow when adding items to modules?

Please edit the idea description to clarify the location—screenshots or a screencast will help our members evaluate the idea—so we can move this forward for further discussion.

Thanks again, Leslie.

Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

Leslie, I support your idea. When I have a lot of pages, I have to scroll down so many times. In order to fix this issue, there should be a page indicator at the bottom, like this.

Page indicatorPage indicator

For example, if a teacher has 225 pages/assignments, they will be shown on 23 pages, showing 10 per page.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived