[New Quizzes] Download All File Submissions

Assignments and Classic Quizzes have an option to Download All Files or Download Submissions, either for Assignment submissions or for the files submitted to a File Upload quiz question. Since New Quizzes also has a File Upload question type, it seems like you should have the same ability to download all the submitted files as a package that you have in Classic Quizzes.

Added to Theme

22 Comments
mccleish_haynes
Community Explorer

Classic Quizzes have an option to Download All Files for the files submitted to a File Upload quiz question. However, if the File Upload quiz questions were placed in question groups/ question banks, the option to Download All Files submissions are not longer available. Once a question group contains a file upload question, there should be an option to 'Download All Files' and not one at a time via Speedgrader.

wilson_campbell
Community Explorer

Yes needed. Especially for evidence of work.

pan
Community Explorer

😁

mfm0003
Community Participant

We have instructors asking for this feature regularly! Please add this functionality to New Quizzes. It is desperately needed.

Thanks

MF11
Community Member

Please add this function soon. New quizzes is killing me 😞 It has become so tedious to use Canvas because of the lack of this tool to download all files, or annotate directly (like what was present in the old quizzes).

carneyl2
Community Novice

This needs to happen!!! It's extremely important to get results of quizzes in a downloadable excel file. I've lost important information from classes because new quizzes doesn't export student answers. I can't do surveys anymore because I can't see a bulk report of responses. This is a really big miss and would love to see this resolved soon. I'm not sure why it needs to be "voted" on, which I can't even see how to vote on things....I'm sure it's somewhere, I just can't find it. Regardless, no vote needed, this is an essential option that the old quizzes could do...we need it in new quizzes. 

JB29
Community Member

Hello Canvas,

It's been more than two years now. We read your blogs that you posted links on for "upcoming changes" planned for 2020/2021. Bulk file download seems to not be on the list, and does not look like anything happened. Yet I have to use new quizzes to prevent students from uploading any file type - only new quizzes have the functionality to specify the file types. Are you still planning on doing something here or are we just going to be left with a half working product forever until we can convince our university to move to another LMS?

neveuax
Community Member

Canvas, the Miracle Whip of LMS choices. Velveeta maybe? Once it's in your kitchen, you can never get rid of it, and it doesn't work right with anything. Yet, you are always left with a foul taste in your mouth!

I don't have a suggestion other than the several requests I've made over the years regarding your new quizzes and file uploads. You don't listen. You don't care. You already got your money. 

UNLV_WC_PSI
Community Member

Students often have to attach files to their quizzes but there is no way to batch download the attachments. Currently, instructors have to manually go into each quiz and download the attachments. By batch downloading it would save a tremendous amount of time.

JenniferClagget
Community Novice

Came here looking for an easy answer because this functionality is so obviously needed...incredibly disappointed to see that it's been brought up by many and the "idea" is over 2 years old!! Two years old for a "download all files" function?