[Assignments] Download Assignment Comments and Completed Rubrics

It would be nice to have an option to download everything related to a completed, graded assignment in one PDF: the annotated PDF of the submission, the "assignment comments" discussion, and the completed rubric with values.

Currently, within crocodo, we can "Download annotated PDF (includes comments)" and that's really helpful, but we have no way of downloading a record of the Assignment Comments and we have no way to download the rubric. (We've resorted to taking individual screen shots.)

This is important for accreditation - we need an archive of everything related to an assignment. Students need this for their e-portfolios, too.

This is related to a request in the old pre-2015 Zendesk request:

https://help.instructure.com/entries/22865834-Download-Speedgrader-Comments-with-Assignments which requested just that Assignment Comments be included. I would like to add Rubrics, too.

This idea was considered when developing our product plan for Q4 2019 and is not expected to influence development within Canvas at this time.

:smileyinfo: This idea will remain open for vote.

:smileyinfo: If this idea is in the top 10% by vote next cycle it will be reconsidered.

Read more about the feature idea process:

Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes

How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

What is the feature development process for Canvas?

What is the feature development process for Canvas?

Added to Theme

105 Comments
ekelso
Community Novice

Wish this would be considered again, seeing as it has not been brought up since 2015 and still has not changed. 

As a graduate student, it would be really nice to be able to download the rubrics and save them as a pdf or image. My peers and the students in other programs require the rubrics BY THE STATE for our portfolio in order to be considered as competent enough to pursue our future careers. Because this feature has not yet been considered as a change, I am risking losing my education and future career by having to screenshot each little section of the rubrics to present to my University.

npalfreman
Community Novice

I have used a work around for downloading the rubrics and being able to edit them. Its a bit clunky but works for me. I'm on a mac so I, screenshot the rubric with Screenshot, then I save it as a PDF in that application. Next step I open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat then hit the edit PDF button and I am able to edit the PDF if needed. Like I say its clunky but can work. 

dmccarter
Community Novice

Our students are required to turn in previously graded papers when they submit a new paper.  Having them be able to submit the paper with all the comments will help us hold them accountable for what they have learned before.

ryan_chisholm
Community Novice

"This idea was considered when developing our product plan for Q4 2019 and is not expected to influence development within Canvas at this time"

For me the above shows that canvas is not fit for purpose in some context in the sense that as Colleges we are being encouraged to mark and assess work digitally which Canavs is great for with the speed grader and annotations. However, unit work is externally verified by the awarding body so the fact that there is not a feature allowing tutors to export marked work and the Rubric as one file means we are having to constantly re-write grades/rubric comments on two or three occasions which means we are spending additional time on this. 

amberckerr
Community Novice

Oh my gosh, I can't believe this request has been around since ***2015***. <facepalm> I recently had to present a copy of my student's Canvas essay with my in-text comments as evidence in a plagiarism case... and I discovered to my horror that the only way to do that was with SCREENSHOTS. STILL. IN 2020. WHY?!?!?!?!?!?

amberckerr
Community Novice

You would think so, wouldn't you? But it's 2020 and this feature still doesn't work! ARGHHH!!!!

amberckerr
Community Novice

I think "appalled" is a good word here. I cannot fathom why anyone thought it would be OK to have such a clunky grading interface with no way to save or print in-text and rubric comments as a PDF. Do Canvas developers have no clue how long instructors spend giving detailed feedback in this interface, only to have the students be unable to see it, print it, or save it? ARGH!

insall
Community Explorer

I want to upvote Amber's reply 100 times.  Then I want to do that 100 times.  

jrmorris
Community Novice

Easily archiving graded rubrics, on a platform other than Canvas, is critical to maintaining records at our institution. Please add a feature that allows a bulk download of graded rubrics.

simone_laughton
Community Participant

This feature is needed now more than ever. We have instructors teaching large classes 500 - 1,500 or larger.  Clicking a button over 500 times is not a good use of faculty time.  This is much needed, - Instructure - please reconsider your decision, add this item to your roadmap and just get it done.