[Assignments] Download Assignment Comments and Completed Rubrics

It would be nice to have an option to download everything related to a completed, graded assignment in one PDF: the annotated PDF of the submission, the "assignment comments" discussion, and the completed rubric with values.

Currently, within crocodo, we can "Download annotated PDF (includes comments)" and that's really helpful, but we have no way of downloading a record of the Assignment Comments and we have no way to download the rubric. (We've resorted to taking individual screen shots.)

This is important for accreditation - we need an archive of everything related to an assignment. Students need this for their e-portfolios, too.

This is related to a request in the old pre-2015 Zendesk request:

https://help.instructure.com/entries/22865834-Download-Speedgrader-Comments-with-Assignments which requested just that Assignment Comments be included. I would like to add Rubrics, too.

This idea was considered when developing our product plan for Q4 2019 and is not expected to influence development within Canvas at this time.

:smileyinfo: This idea will remain open for vote.

:smileyinfo: If this idea is in the top 10% by vote next cycle it will be reconsidered.

Read more about the feature idea process:

Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes

How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

What is the feature development process for Canvas?

What is the feature development process for Canvas?

Added to Theme

105 Comments
ac1918
Community Participant

Please implement this idea. This would be very useful for accreditation!

woodc
Community Explorer

We needed the rubric data for a peer reviewed assignment and had to use an outside application. We'd prefer not to leave Canvas for a simple rubric, but so far it has been necessary.

hinduja
Community Novice

It feels like it would be programmatically simple to dump the Comments an instructor puts for each individual question in an exam into the general "Assignment Comments" box in the right sidebar in Speedgrader (which does allow for PDF downloading). It's weird that we only can download a PDF of the general Assignment Comments but not the individualized comments we give for each answer a student gives to individual questions. Thank you. 

wilson_campbell
Community Explorer

Need urgently as with covid lockdown submission all electronic. Needed to enable all these details to be sent to external examination bodies verifiers. 

reeda1
Community Novice

I definitely need this option, also for accreditation.  I would also like this information for my records.  Screen shots are ok but need to be done one by one, however, my rubric runs two pages making this a ridiculously messy task for a class of 30 students

gill_holden
Community Member

We have marked a group report against a rubric using Speedgrader, comments have been added under each criteria in the rubric.

We would like to be able to download the marks and comments that have been posted in the rubric please.

PeterClarke
Community Novice

Not being able to do this is a big frustration in Canvas (cf Turnitin Grademark etc)!

LindseyFerrie
Community Novice

Completely agree, this really needs to be an option for Quality Assurance monitoring, Accreditation and just good educational feedback and reflection on a module.  

Nick_Riches1
Community Explorer

Yes, this would be most useful!

tmckamey
Community Explorer

I need to be able to print rubrics for students who are not technically literate. This would be a scaffold that I can provide while they are learning technology. 

I don't see how to vote for this.