Download assignments with student email rather than canvas ID in file name

0 Likes
(2)

It would be incredibly convenient for my workflow if I could download student's assignments with the file name amended to include the student's email (as in Homework_1_luca@ucsc.edu.pdf ) rather than the Canvas ID.  The student email is for me a better identifier, because it is something available also in the Registrar system of my university.  Furthermore, the email is also an ID that works for Google Apps and Drive, so if I need to use Google Forms, send the student email, share feedback on Drive, I can all do it more easily.

At present, I am asking students to submit the homework on Google Forms, which collects email addresses, as a workaround, but it would be much nicer if I could get the same information from Canvas.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

learner3
Community Member

Since instructors have varying preferences, why not have an option regarding naming of the files/ folders which allows the instructors to select from among some common/ standard templates, or let's them define one by themselves.

Have raised a similar request with some suggestions for naming of downloadable folders here-
For 'Files' section: change default name of the downloaded folders

Thank you

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.