[New Quizzes] Download essay questions

This idea is to add the ability to download each student's responses to essay questions on a quiz formatted the same way we already bulk download all assignment submissions. 

In online courses, essay questions on exams need to be checked for plagiarism, and this would allow the downloaded files to be uploaded into a plagiarism scanner.

Added to Theme

19 Comments
Mdb1
Community Explorer

Yes, Yes, Yes  This is needed to effeciently handle essay questions.

In this thread there is a suggestion that you can exporting the quiz answeres through 'assignment analytics'  but I see no  option to do so 

I.e.,  do not think this statement below is correct for New Quizzes, but instead is needed

Actually I just discovered that Canvas already does this. You download the assignment analytics and it is a spreadshee   ....   Click on the quiz, then quiz statistics, then student analysis.

pascale_gadroy
Community Member

Please add a Download data feature in New Quizzes.  As Excel &/or PDF file would be perfect.
Would be convenient to keep track of digital exams for future reference.  At the moment if Students are removed from a Tile all New Quizzes data are lost 😞  Would be useful that NEW QUIZZES allow the download data, either by students or as a 1 file batch.

hamza_belallam
Community Member

Detailed reporting of students answers in new quizzes is required as the review of the same using the Moderate tab (feature) is tedious. ie, the number of clicks it takes in Canvas is considerable and repetitive (have to be done for each student from the begining), while in a csv, excel format, it's all about scrolling.

Additionally, this report will help sharing the data either with admin staff, Faculty not enrolled in the course or external graders, instead of asking them to use Moderate.

At this stage, it's a bottleneck to New Quizzes full adoption.

aslin_mark
Community Member

New Quizzes feature is heavily used in our organization. In new Quizzes, there is no bulk download submission. I think it would be great for New Quizzes to be able to download into a package/file.

othmane1
Community Novice

Quizzes/surveys could include free-text questions. It is interesting to analyze the answers and compare them. I suggest to have a feature to exports students' submission as an CVS/Excel file that faculty can use.

JonathanKershaw
Community Novice

Yes, the ability to download essay questions from New Quizzes would be a great feature. 

gregory_moore
Community Member

We should be able to download all of the student submissions from an essay style question on a quiz the way we are able to do it from an assignment.

ElizabethGarza1
Community Explorer

Without this feature, I need to build a google doc/form instead of using Canvas. Instructors need the responses in a downloadable way for reasons like research, data about general understanding, etc.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme