Drag & Drop Photos in Messages

0 Likes

I'm using Bitmojis in my teaching this year, and it would be so much easier if teachers were able to drag and drop Bitmojis and other photos/pics into Messages that are sent to students.  Easy, peasy, and one step. 

Now when I want to send a Bitmoji or a pic/photo as a response:

1. Download the Bitmoji or pic to my desktop
  2. I have to type something in the message box (because you cannot send an empty message)
  3. Click the attach file button
  4. Attach the Bitmoji/pic
  5. Send the message.
  6. Then you have to hope that the student (in this case middle school students) actually click to open the image.

A drag and drop photo feature would be ideal overall for Canvas, but it will be especially helpful in Messages. When students open the message from the instructor, the photo would appear immediately.

If the images were drag and drop, the images would appear as the message, and it would take less time to respond to students, especially when you have 325 students and you are sending info to many of them every day.

Thank you for your consideration! 🙂

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@hhassinger 

Thanks for your suggestion. Messages in the Canvas Inbox are plain text only and as such do not accommodate drag-and-drop of images or other formatting capability. Enabling this would first require implementation of a long-standing request that is the subject of conversation at Add rich-content editor to Conversations. Would you please add your comments to that idea?

Thanks again.