Drag and Drop Question types for Quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be great to have a drag and drop question type for quizzes. It could function much like a peardeck.com question or like Moodle's "drag and drop" question type.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
32 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@tmercer ‌, check out this question type that's part of the new Quizzes LTI: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12202-71670780605 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta Quizzes LTI User Group 

This feature is now available through the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Find more information on the Quizzes LTI tool, and how to access it, at Quizzes LTI User Group 

The specific guide for this feature in the Quizzes LTI tool is How do I create an Ordering question in the Quizzes LTI? 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
twassmer
Community Participant

Where is the description - instructions of drag and drop matching questions in Quizzes.Next? I cannot find them in the module or the guides.

Tom

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@twassmer ‌, in @Quizzes.Next, it's called an ordering question: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15074-4152780605 

twassmer
Community Participant

After some searching I saw that but how can I drag and drop two matching pictures together - or a concepts/description and a picture, or a figure and labels. That were the original requests under this threads - are they really solved?

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

No they are not I'm afraid and wont be until the dragging elements include the Rich Content Editor - 13 Features I wish were in Quizzes.next

twassmer
Community Participant

Thanks. This means that the announcement that "This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas" - and this idea has been completed are not entirely accurate statements? How can we get the CANVAS team to acknowledge this?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @twassmer ‌, the idea is marked as complete because the categorization question developed for Quizzes.Next fulfills the request: "It would be great to have a drag and drop question type for quizzes." We have ideas open for voting requesting the addition of the Rich Content Editor to various question types in Q.N, but I was not able to find an existing feature request that requests the RCE for the Categorization type. If that is additional functionality you'd like to see in the quiz tool, please create a new feature idea after reviewing How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New