Draggable feedback box while grading with a rubric

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I think something changed this last weekend when my school updated Canvas. I can no longer drag around the comment box when I'm giving feedback in the grading rubric. Thus, the box blocks my view of what the student has written, making me copy/close/read/reopen/paste my words when I need to scroll down the page. Note that the comment box doesn't have the ability to be resized, nor dragged across the page. 

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16069-canvas-release-notes-2019-01-26 .

8 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jsward ‌, we're keeping your idea open for voting as it specifically focuses on the comment box that accompanies the total score field for each row of the rubric—and would encourage you to follow https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12268-change-the-rubric-back as well. Thanks!

jsward
Community Member

No. While I agree with those changes that should be made, mine is specific to the feedback box that pops up when you're giving detailed feedback on a criterion within the feedback. The box can't be moved and it hides the words that I'm trying to read while giving the feedback. 

jsward
Community Member

Thanks. I did see that suggestion and since it was different than mine I posted my idea. I imagine that all these fixes could be made in one fell swoop. Smiley Happy

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-01-26) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@jsward  Thank You  for submitting this idea. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed