Due date and Quarter reporting different

(1)

Can we set the due date and also toggle the quarter to a different grading period.  At the end of the grading period when we are finalizing grades I would like to put new assignments in the next quarter but to get it to show up I have to fudge the due date for later to make it show up in the grading period but then my students, despite what I tell them, think it's not due yet.  I would love to have the due date and grading period be separated from one another. 

2 Comments
KristaFalcone
Community Member

It would be ideal if assignments/assessments were automatically put into a grading period based on their due date, but then there was an option (like a dropdown menu) to allow instructors to adjust as needed.

For example, I have students who have been granted extensions by the school for all of their work. The new due date falls two weeks after the end of Trimester 1. I added different due dates for the individuals on the relevant assignments so that their calendars and To Do lists accurately reflect the expectations for them. But since their new due date falls in Trimester 2, the assignments are appearing (for those students) in the grade book as Trimester 2 grades. However, I need those grades to be calculated in Trimester 1, as they are for all the other students in the course. This is happening, too, for each student's four other teachers in their four other courses. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.