Duplicate Quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

We should be able to create a copy of an existing quiz in Canvas with the click of a button.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
40 Comments
wegley_k
Community Explorer

Adding support to all the comments for teachers who spend hours recreating content to recreate a quiz to modify it for students.  We have teachers who have several students with accommodations in one class. A few students might have an accommodation to have fewer answer choices, others may need different vocabulary, others may have fewer questions - all within the same class.  That teacher has to make 3-4 quizzes if they use Canvas.  Those teachers are difficult to get them to buy-in. - They use paper.  I am glad Canvas has this on their Radar - but please move it up. The sooner the better or we lose another group of teachers who won't use Canvas for the entire year.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@wegley_k , if you check out the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11660-canvas-beta-release-notes-2017-07-05?sr=search&search...‌ you'll see that they are implementing duplication for assignments and pages. It then goes on to say that quizzes and discussions will be in a future release. To me, this means they are definitely moving on it and that we should get it sooner rather than later! 🙂

b_w_reid
Community Participant

I'm a bit late to this one. When searching for existing ideas, I was searching for copy. I've just raised this idea 

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10950-copy-quiz which has a few additional components.

I hope they can be included.

Bethan

rswengel
Community Contributor

If duplicating or sharing quizzes is not part of the new quiz engine, it will be dead in the water for our teachers.  Almost no one has just one section of a course.  Not being able to duplicate adds time and trouble for a teacher.

twassmer
Community Participant

Really pathetic that this was raised more than 3 years ago and received so many support - and it is still lacking. Seems that CANVAS's structure is after all not so transparent and open fort ideas. That is very disappointing!!!!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme