Duplicating Outcome Folders at the Admin Level

0 Likes

I am creating folders of Outcomes for our different courses in our large K-12 charter schools system. We have courses that share the same Outcomes (think different paced Math courses, for example). It would be really helpful to be able to Copy a folder of Outcomes and then paste it into a different course...all at the admin level.  There currently is a Move option, but it would be great if the developers could add a Copy option, too.  This has been brought up in the Canvas community as well.   https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Duplicate-Outcomes/idi-p/355399

Here is a screen shot of what I would like.  I'd love to take the highlighted folders, copy them so they stay there, and the paste them into a new course folder that I would create.  

2021-09-02_13-09-53.jpg

Thanks for considering.

Henry

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea, @HWITTE . As it moves forward for broader conversation, we wanted to make sure that you've read through the updates to account-level outcomes management that are coming in the next release:  Canvas Feature Preview: Improved Outcomes Manageme...  Perhaps using outcomes groups as described in the Outcomes Management section will help you accomplish what you're after?

HWITTE
Community Member

As I read through the link you shared, there doesn't seem to be anything about duplicating an Outcome, or an Outcome Group to share to a different Group at the Admin Level.  I see options for Moving Groups, but that function is not what I'm looking for.  

However, good to know that a few improvements are in development and coming...just not what I need and not in my time frame.  Hoping to push for this change for others down the road.

But developers...if you can make this change by Labor Day...you would be my heroes!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@HWITTE 

The feature development process is described in What is the feature development process for Instructure products? . Labor Day is three days from now—and the first round of UI improvements detailed in the release notes are still in beta. 🙂

If you have immediate, urgent need for this additional functionality, please speak to your Customer Success Manager (CSM) about a professional services initiative.

HWITTE
Community Member

Thanks...I recognize that a change like this isn't going to happen overnight, but it never hurts to ask, right?

At this point I am going to have to just enter everything manually--not fun--to get the job done for our teachers.  I do hope that this Product Idea is given some consideration by the developers as a change like this could be really helpful to some in your Admin community.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.