Easier way to add time to multiple quizzes for a single student.

0 Likes

I would love to see an option where we can click on a student name, and get taken to that students page. In that page there is an option to "Add time to quizzes". From there we could put in the time needed (+30 min for example) and it would add that specific time to each quiz and test. For our students with accommodations, this would be a huge time saver, rather than going into each quiz and entering it in. There has to be an easier way.... 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

2 Comments
RebeccaMoulder
Community Contributor

@MerileeLarsen Are you using New Quizzes? If so, you can click on the Moderate tab in any New Quiz, then click to edit an individual student's Accommodations. I like using the time multiplier to automatically extend the student's time by a certain percentage, rather than adding a set amount of time (eg, a student who always receives 50% more time would have a time multiplier of 1.50). The best part is that the accommodation will be applied for that student for all their future quizzes/exams using New Quizzes. It is a huge time-saver!

If you edit the Moderate link next to a student's name, it will allow you to add more time just for a specific quiz and not apply to future quizzes. 

New Quizzes also lets you set accommodations while the quizzes are still unpublished, which makes it much less easy to forget to add them. The improved accommodations features were a big part of the reason for my institution to switch to New Quizzes.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @MerileeLarsen -

Because this is available in New Quizzes (thank you @RebeccaMoulder for helping!), this thread will be Archived to make room for other requests in our Idea Process.

I did a quick search, and I foundAssign Accommodations in Canvas Grade book, and it feels like it could be useful to you too.