Easiest way to allow students to upload videos of their final presentations?

0 Likes

The user hopes at some point there can be some Canvas integration or something so he can create Shared Folders for classes seamlessly. He anticipates that in coming semesters, he may shift to having all the students record their presentations and upload them, and then assign groups of students to watch and provide feedback on each other's presentations. It will be nice if that can be done with one click.

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@KennethChan  Thanks for sharing this idea. Has the user explored using a peer review assignment for this purpose, as described in  How do I use peer review assignments in a course? and  How do I automatically assign peer reviews for an ... ?

KennethChan
Community Member

Thanks @Stef_retired. It is useful to do the peer review assignments. However, I think the user also wants to have a place which is used to collect the video files from all course students, like shared folder. As the upload size of Canvas assignment is limited to 500m per video file. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@KennethChan 

Students uploading their videos to a (theoretical) shared folder within the Canvas course would very quickly consume the course quota, since these videos would not be assignment submissions per se. Accordingly, it sounds like the videos would need to be stored outside of Canvas. Many teachers direct their students to upload their work to YouTube with appropriate privacy settings such that only those individuals with the link can access their videos.

Have you discussed this with your school's Customer Success Manager (CSM) on behalf of the user? They might be able to help you identify a third-party tool to use for file storage that would work well with a peer review assignment of this type.

Thanks.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived