[Rubrics] Edit or Delete Saved Comments

If you make an error in typing a comment while using a rubric and then save it, there is no way to correct it later. It's possible to save a new, corrected comment, but then you have to check each time to make sure you are selecting the correct one. Either the ability to edit OR delete the unwanted comment will solve this problem. 

Added to Theme

40 Comments
dave_bull
Community Participant

This would be amazing!

Out tutors tend to use this option as they prefer to give personalised feedback on assignments.

If we could also save them like we do with normal rubrics then it would be brilliant!

ecarver
Community Novice

Allowing professors to 'save' grading comments is very helpful, when grading MANY of the same assignment [same objectives, same student struggles to meet process requirements and outcomes.]

Unfortunately, I did not initially understand that I would not be able to delete these. I now have upwards of 30 saved comments that are similar but have been edited specifically to address issues with a specific student issue on the assignment.

Now to find a format for my new student comment I am scrolling through so many. Through our e-learning center I have learned that CANVAS has no fix for this. Please consider writing some code to allow editing in Grading Comments in the rubric. 

thank you, Prof Carver, Fine Arts / Collin College

LesterLoschky
Community Explorer

Yes.  We need to have the ability to edit, or at least delete, specific saved comments.  The reasons have already been enumerated by so many other Canvas users in this (and other related) threads, that it is pointless to repeat them.  We just need to have this functionality added to Canvas.  And we should not have to wait years for it to happen.  

GaylenStewart
Community Member

In Speed Grader in the rubric drop down list, comments are saved for reuse. But, there is no way to edit them or delete them. It would be nice to be able to edit or delete those comments rather than be forced to add more comments.

David-Wilson
Community Member

I'm dying to be able to edit my free-form comments without having to add entirely new ones. In some cases I have a lot of redundant responses, or sometimes I have improved my response multiple times, and I need to go clear out the old responses. It's hard or impossible to figure out which one is which from the dropdown menu.

LesterLoschky
Community Explorer

Exactly!!!!  This topic has been commented on by Canvas Instructor/users for (I believe) about 7 years, on a number of different threads.  And yet the Canvas development team has not yet added that functionality.  We need to figure out what their pressure point is and apply it.

ZEPHSCOTTI
Community Member

This really is a needed feature! 

marshe
Community Member

Why can't we edit or simply delete comments from the saved "free form comment" section. If I can save them, I should be able to delete them. That we can't is annoying, embarrassing and absurd.

marshe
Community Member

So how long will this be "in conversation"? I have seen zero folks opposed.

jra01140
Community Member

Please implement this request ... ASAP!