[Rubrics] Editing Capabilities for Rubrics

I would like to see some additional options for Rubrics.  Specifically, it would be nice to be able to:

• Insert a new rubric row anywhere within an existing rubric.
  • Drag and drop an existing rubric row to another location in the same rubric.

Use case: I was building a rubric with 40+ rows for an instructor.  After about the 40th row of the rubric, I realized I had forgotten to add a criterion around row 20.  So, I had to delete rows 21 and beyond...insert the row I missed, and then re-add the rows I had initially added.  I soon learned you have to be really careful when building rubrics with lots of rows.

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

298 Comments
bettie_wright
Community Novice

This would be awesome.  It's seems very basic, but necessary.

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

As long as work is already being scoped for changes to rubrics, I would also ask that people consider voting for this idea, too, because it's sort of related:

bettie_wright
Community Novice

I know this is going to seem like a very stupid question, but I have looked and looked and looked and cannot find where to click to vote on something.  I tried to use the help feature, but it only explained how the voting worked not how to do it.

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

This particular idea has moved on to the next stage (Gathering Info) already, so there isn't any more voting going on.  However, the topic of ​ is still open for voting.

galyenk
Community Contributor

Can't wait!! I was just trying to edit one  today and ran into this issue. Smiley Happy

vrs07nl
Community Contributor

can  Canvas team not consider working on various rubric ideas together i.e.  this idea along with Rubric for Informational Text with No Point Value. and Duplicating Rating Scales in the Same Rubric

amixon
Community Member

Hey!   That's my request!  And I still need it!  Talk about working from two computers - one to look at the old rubric, the other to retype it in a new order! 

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello Nicola,

You raise a good point. If we work on enhancements to rubrics functionality, we would look at devoting resources to the most affective AND effective updates.  I'll pose this question to the community: what other enhancements would you like to see?

• No-points rubrics
  • Rubrics with point ranges
  • Re-ordering of criteria rows
  • Re-ordering of achievement columns
  • "Sticky" settings for rubric creation (like ​)
  • Other ideas?

We will continue to prioritize these enhancements for future development.

My best to you all,

Jason

jbuchner
Community Contributor

My top two requests would be

1. Re-ordering of criteria rows
  2. "Sticky" settings for rubric creation (like Duplicating Rating Scales in the Same Rubric)
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user​...

These two additional Feature Ideas seem important, too.